Do's and Don'ts of Mattress Care
- Do carry your mattress vertically. It’s easier to handle and you’ll be less likely to damage the mattress.
- Do keep your bedding clean. We suggest using a mattress pad, especially if children use the bed.
- Do use an appropriate frame and center support for queen-size and king-size sets.
- Do use flat surface divan to fully support the mattress.
- Don’t pull the fabric and handles to lift up the mattress.
- Don’t let anyone stand or jump on your mattress. It was not built for that kind of weight concentration or abuse.
- Don’t allow your mattress to get wet, because some of the upholstery materials may compress. Protect it from water or other liquids.
- Don’t place a board between your mattress and box spring. Your sleep set is designed specifically to provide you with proper support, and the divan plays an important role.
- Don’t bend your mattress more than 20°. Such treatment may damage the innerspring unit. Flex rather than bend the mattress when going through doorways.
- Don’t use dry cleaning fluid of any type on your mattress. These chemicals will damage some of the construction materials.